Advanced Engineering Mathematics
* Hardcover: 1288 pages
* Publisher: Wiley; 8 edition (October 9, 1998)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0471154962
* ISBN-13: 978-0471154969
* Product Dimensions: 10.3 x 8 x 1.9 inches
* Shipping Weight: 4.6 pounds
* Average Customer Review: 3.5* out of 5*
* Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #330,803 in Books#48 in Books > Science > Mathematics > Applied > Engineering
Erwin Kreyszig's Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 9th Edition introduces engineers and computer scientists to advanced math topics as they relate to practical problems. In today's world of increasingly complex engineering problems, powerful new mathematical and computational methods, and enormous computer capacities, you can get overwhelmed by little things you will only occasionally use. Instead, you need to learn how to think mathematically and gain a firm grasp of the interrelationship among theory, computing, and experiment. That's why Kreyszig's text helps you develop a solid understanding of the basic principles and methods of advanced engineering mathematics in all three phases of problem solving: Modeling, Solving, and Interpreting. This best-selling text is known for its comprehensive coverage, careful and correct mathematics, outstanding exercises, and self-contained chapters.
* New problem sets.
* New Computer Experiments, using the computer as an instrument of "experimental mathematics" for exploration and research.
* More on modeling and selection methods.
* Accurate and solid theoretical foundation.
* Clear examples and exposition of material.
* Modern and standard notations.